My Fitness Journey : Assessment Day


Hi Everyone. I hope you all had an amazing Bank Holiday weekend, and for those of you who were out, I hope the hangover is easing. 

As I mentioned before, today was the day that I began my new journey to being a fitter, healthier me. 
As you may know, myself and Paul got engaged a few weeks ago now, and for me, this was the kick I needed to actually look at my diet and see where I am going wrong. 

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my body and I have luckily bounced back into the same shape I was in before I had my son, 7 months ago now. However, just because someone is naturally slim, does not automatically mean that they are necessarily healthy or fit. I have always gotten away with eating what I want and my body staying the same, but this has also lead to very bad eating habits. 

This is where Jessi Kavanagh comes in. Jessi has been a personal trainer and nutritionist for over 10 years and really knows her stuff. She is going to be training me 3 days a week for the next 8 weeks. The amazing thing about Jessi's workouts is that it is in my house, and for 30 minutes a session. This is so doable with a baby and leaves me with no excuses not to work hard. 

Jessi popped over to my house this morning to go through my assessment day. Initially, I was nervous as to what was involved and what I would need to do. Jessi reassured me that the assessment was all about setting out my goals and getting ourselves a starting point to work from. 



The first thing we talked about was how I felt my body was since having my son, and how I thought my pregnancy changed my body. For me, I did not see much difference in my body after I had Harry, as I bounced back to my original shape pretty quickly due to my fast metabolism (which I have my Dad to thank for!) However, I felt that I really wanted to focus on my tummy, bum and arms. 
I explained to Jessi that although I wanted abs, I did not want anything too muscular, as I am very petite and want to stay quiet lean but not bulky if that make sense. I want to flatten out my tummy, and bring my waist in as much as I can. Jessi also explained to me that as I am petite, by adding a little muscle to my shoulders, this would automatically make my waist appear even tinier. I also wanted to target my arms. I have very slim arms but wanted a bit more tone to them, again without adding too much bulk. 

The last area for me was my lower body. Although the HUGE bum is so on trend right now, for me, this is not the goal. As I have mentioned, I am petite and have a small frame and small chest, so having a huge bubble butt just wouldn't look right. So the aim with my bum is to lift and shape it, while growing it slightly. With regards to my legs, I want to keep them toned and build on my calf muscles. Jessi took note of everything that I wanted to change or alter and will use this to plan out my weekly workouts. 

We then moved on to measurements, as this is the best way to really tell if you are getting results. She measured my hips, waist and tummy area. She also weighed me. Unfortunately, I am under weight for my height, weighing in at 48.3KG (106lbs) so ideally we want to increase my weight on the scales but do it the healthy way. 

This brought us on to diet. I could see the panic in Jessi's eyes when I told her what I ate on a regular day. I would generally have a bowl of rice krispies or a bagel with peanut butter for breakfast between 7-8am. I then would have a coffee and cake or chocolate at about 2/3pm and finally my dinner at 7pm. Obviously this is not enough food for one day, so by 9pm I would be starving and end up bingeing on crisps, chocolate and takeaways. I would also have a glass of red wine about three times a week, and as for water.... I don't think one glass a day is even worth mentioning. So as you can see, even though I am slim, and appear healthy, I am far from it. My poor body has been surviving on caffeine and sugar for far too long so it is time to change my unhealthy lifestyle, if not for me, then for Harry. I want to have as much energy as I can for when he begins running around, and we all know coffee and chocolate are just not going to cut it. 

Jessi informed me that from now on, I will be eating 6 meals per day. I will be eating every 3 hours and upping my water intake to 2.5 litres a day, minimum. There will also be absolutely NO alcohol, which to be honest, doesn't phase me that much. I can take it or leave it. 

We then planned out what days I will be training this week and Jessi headed off to put together my full diet plan and shopping list for the week. 
As much as I am a little scared about having to change my diet completely, I know it is for my long term health, and if my body improves in appearance then that is an added bonus. My end goal is to feel fitter, healthier, happier and have more energy. 

I am going to be updating you every week on my progress, and how I am finding the diet and exercise. I promise to give you an honest account, and not filter out the hard days or the bad days. 

As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day, but I have to start somewhere, and I know I am in safe hands with Jessie Kavanagh.

Please take a look at her Facebook and Instagram for more info, and make sure to follow her for lots of healthy living tips. 

I can't wait to take you along with my on my fitness journey.

Lots of love, 
Rosie 
X
Share on :
My Fitness Journey : Assessment Day
My Fitness Journey : Assessment Day
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5