MAC Haul


I recently went into MAC in Brown Thomas, to stock up on some products I had run out of, and to have a look at their new Heavenly Creature Collection.


The first thing I picked up was the Pro Longwear concealer. I have been an avid lover of the Studio Finish concealer for many years, but decided to try something a little lighter for the summer months. This is a great lightweight concealer with medium to full coverage. It leaves a beautiful matte finish to the skin, and is ideal for covering up any blemishes or dark circles you may have, without feeling too heavy on the skin. 


I have hit pan on my MAC Blot Powder, so decided to restock, as I cant imagine going even one day without it, especially with this muggy and humid weather we have been having. It is a pressed powder, designed for shine control, without adding any colour or texture to the skin. It comes with a little puff applicator, but i prefer to use a powder brush (MAC #129) as this gives a really light application just where I need it.
 
  


I also repurchased the Eyebrow Crayon in Strut and the Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Deep. I have found this to be the best matte powder to contour with. So many bronzers claim to be "matte" but still have a slight sparkle and shimmer to them which defeats the purpose of contouring. This powder is completely matte, with a low coverage. I use this on a the Real Techniques Contour brush to contour the cheeks and forehead etc. I can't tell you how long this lasts... Its been months since I last picked one up! 


As I wear all kinds of lip products on a daily basis, from liners and lipsticks to glosses and lip stains, I felt like my lips needed some extra care, to keep them in great condition. I picked up the Viva Glam Ricky Lip Conditioner. This is untinted and smells divine. It is ideal for applying under your lipstick, to give the lips a soft and smooth surface. I have been using this on its own, on days when I have little or no make up on. It gives a nice creamy texture to the lips, without the sticky appearance of a gloss. My lips already miss this on days I forget to apply it! And, as all proceeds go directly to the MAC Aids Fund, it is always a purchase that is guilt free :-) 




The last thing I picked up was from the MAC Heavenly Creatures Collection. It is the Mineralize eyeshadow in Magnetic Attraction. I picked this up after seeing it worn by my friend, and MAC Make Up Artist, Steph. It is a beautiful mix of cranberry, gold and orange. When used together, you get a bright coral shade, with a stunning shimmer to it. You can also spritz a small angled brush with some Fix +, and target each individual colour, for a more intense variation of the shadow. This is the perfect shade for the summer months. 

You can check out all of these products here.

Rosie
x

Share on :
MAC Haul
MAC Haul
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5