Worth The Hype : Beauty Products



I have to confess, I am a beauty product junkie!! I can't walk past a Boots or Pharmacy without wandering in and picking up unnecessary beauty items to try. 
Over the years, I have gathered a lot of information on what products really work, and what products really weren't worth the hype, and money! I am now left with an Ikea unit full of half used bottles of every lotion and potion ever made. 

Seen as how I have spent so much time testing out products, I decided to let you all in on what beauty buys I think are completely worth it, so that you do not get caught out buying into another beauty industry gimmick! 

HAIR

1. L'Oreal Paris Elnett Hairspray 

 I would say I have caused a hole in the Ozone layer, at the rate I go through hairsprays, but I have come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for in this case. Trust me, there have been days when I have been stuck, and grabbed the €2 hairsprays from the local supermarket, but if you are looking for a strong hold spray, that does not make your hair feel hard, or dry, this is the one for you. So easy to brush out, and leaves your hair looking natural but structured at the same time. I find the large bottle is best for value (I get mine in Terrisales Wholesalers for around €7) but I like to keep a small bottle with me in my handbag for those days when the wind decides to ruin your morning blow-dry! 

2. Tangle Teezer 

For any of you with extensions, this is a staple you just need to purchase. I know there are plenty of variations of the Tangle Teezer around now,  but I picked mine up over a year ago in Boots, and have not gone a day without it. It is perfect for detangling your hair without damaging the bonds of your hair extensions, and also great for anyone who finds there hair hard to manage after washing it. They do great handbag sized ones now too, perfect for when you're on the go.

SKINCARE

3. Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream

I have the girls over at Pixiwoo to thank for this one, as about two years ago I bought this on their recommendation, and haven't looked back. It is perfect if you have dry or sensitive skin, and is free from fragrances, preservatives and emulsifiers (hence the "natural" name!) My skin can react to products with too much fragrance, and become irritated, but I find this calms the skin really well. As my skin has now levelled out, and become less dry, I only use this twice a week, when my skin needs some extra hydration. 

4. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

If you are looking for a treatment to use once or twice a week, this is a great product. Again, for dry skin, it is a mask that you lather on to the skin and allow to dry in just before bed. By the morning, your skin will have absorbed the mask, and feel super soft and hydrated. My favourite thing about this face mask, is the smell. I can't even describe how nice it is, but it smells good enough to eat. It is a little on the pricey side, but considering you only use it weekly, you get plenty of mileage out of one tube.

BODYCARE

5. La Roche Posay Lipikar Lipid Replenishing Body Milk

Another great product from a well trusted brand, La Roche Posay. This is your basic body lotion, perfect for slapping on after your shower, and suitable for normal to dry skin types. It absorbs quickly, and leaves the skin super hydrated. Nothing incredibly gimmicky about this one, just an all round great regular body moisturiser.

6 . Vaseline Spray and Go Body Moisturiser 

I mentioned this spray on my Instagram a few weeks ago, and I feel it deserves a place in my favourites post. This is a light misty spray, that smells amazing, and drys in before you even finish spraying your whole body. I love to use this on days I am rushing off to work, and don't have time to allow a body lotion to sink in. It doesn't leave any grease or stickiness on the skin, so perfect when you need to throw your outfit on straight away. A new beauty favourite I can see myself using for a long time. 

TANNING 

7. Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan

As I am pregnant, I have to make sure to chose the safest option of tanning, to protect my little one from any harmful sun rays. Since the day this tan went on the market, I have not been without at least one bottle of it in my beauty stash (I generally pick up two or three at a time, so that I never run out!) The 1 hour mousse smells gorgeous for a false tan, goes on instantly, and gets darker within the hour. I apply it with the tanning mit and have never been left with any streaks or patches. The bottle seems to last for ages, and gives the most natural brown glow to the skin (no tangerine legs here please!) It wears off really naturally, and does not dry out my skin in the process. I cannot recommend this tan highly enough! 

8. SunFX Body Shimmer

Ok, so technically this is not a tanning product, but I use this alongside my tan, to prolong it, and to give your skin that shimmer and light to it. I am using this product since I studied Make Up back in 2008, and again, can vouch for the quality of it. It is packed with shea butter and macadamia oil, to get the most out of your false tan. Perfect for popping on to your legs before a night out, and also gives a great shimmer across the décolletage.


I hope you enjoyed this post, and you can find links to each of the products below.

Lots of love,

Rosie 

x


Product Links - 















Share on :
Worth The Hype : Beauty Products
Worth The Hype : Beauty Products
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5