Make Up Focus : Contour and Highlight


Hi Ladies, 

One of the constant requests I have have from my followers, is to tackle the ever popular technique of contouring and highlighting.
There are many ways to do this, with a range of different products, but this is how I like to create the look.

Step 1 -  Make sure to apply your foundation evenly before beginning. This acts as a canvas for the rest of the products.

Step 2 - Take a concealer about two shades lighter than your skin tone. I swap between my Crown Brush concealer palette and MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC20. Using the Real Techniques setting brush, I apply this under my eyes, in a V shape, blending out to the temples. I also apply a little to the centre of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, and above my top lip. Make sure to blend the product out well, to create a natural finish, with no harsh lines. 

Step 3 - I then take Harmony blush from MAC on the contour brush from Real Techniques to begin contouring my face. I start at my ear, and buff downwards towards the apple of my cheek, making sure to only apply product UNDER the cheekbone, in the hollow part of the cheek. Make sure to start lightly and build up the product, as it is always easier to add then it is to take away product.

Step 4 -  I then drag my brush from my ear, up to my hair line, very lightly, to contour the forehead. Again, blending and blending to get a natural finish. I don't contour my jawline, but I know alot of people like this look, so you can add this step in now. 

Step 5 - If you want to make your lips appear fuller, take a small fluffy blending brush and add a little contour to below your bottom lip. This will create the illusion of depth, making your bottom lip appear fuller.

Step 6 - Finally, I like to take MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle, on a angled brush, and apply this to the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, cupids bow and slightly in the centre of the forehead. This adds the most beautiful glow to the skin, without being 'glittery'! 



There are plenty of other ways to highlight and contour, but this is my prefared method of choice ;-) 

Happy practicing girls,

Lots of Love,
Rosie 
x






Share on :
Make Up Focus : Contour and Highlight
Make Up Focus : Contour and Highlight
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5