My Hair Extensions : Hotloxs Review


Hi Ladies,

I hope you're all having a nice Sunday evening. Apologies for the lack of blogging lately. I have been busy working on some upcoming projects, and getting everything ready for "D-Day"!!
I always get asked about my hair and what hair extensions I use, so I think its best that I do a post to answer all of your questions in one place.

I have been wearing hair extensions on and off since I was around 16 years old, so it is safe to say I have tired and tested a lot on the market. From clip in extensions to pre bonds and microbeads, I have gone through many heads of hair! 

I discovered Hotloxs Extensions about 4/5 years ago, when the owner, the amazing Anna, was working from her car, driving to clients houses day in day out. To say I was impressed with the quality of her work and of the hair itself is an understatement. Since then, I have never used another brand. I took a break from the pre bonds, and went for Hotloxs clip in extensions for a few months too. It's great to have the option, but I have reverted back to the pre bonds again in the last two years. 

I am sure you have all heard the horror stories of girls' hair being destroyed from extensions, but I can honestly say, if you look after them correctly, and have them maintained regularly, you should not have that problem. 
I have my extensions maintained every 6-8 weeks, getting a quick top up if I feel I need it, and then have a brand new set put in every 3-4 months. Even when I pop in to have my new set applied, the current hair extensions are always still soft and in great condition. 

How I maintain my extensions - 

I generally wash my hair every second day. I know this is a lot for some girls, but I just love the feeling of having freshly washed hair. I wash my extensions as I would my own hair. I know there are a lot of brands who do "hair extension friendly" shampoo and conditioners, but to be honest, I just use regular products or whatever is on special in Boots that week!! I have never been fussy about my shampoo or conditioner, and my hair has never suffered because of it. 

I shampoo once, and then apply conditioner to the ends of my hair and leave for a few minutes. I then rinse my hair thoroughly and towel dry as soon as I get out of the shower. 
My 'must have' with extensions is the Tangle Teezer. This is the only thing I have found that stops me getting any matting. Since using the Tangle Teezer, I have not had even one extension become matted, and it doesn't hurt your head or scalp either. 

I will comb through my hair with the Tangle Teezer, and then proceed to blow dry my hair, using a round brush to lift the roots. Make sure to turn the hair dryer to a cool setting when drying the bonds, so that you do not allow them to become hot, as this may affect how long the bond lasts. Once my hair is dry, I usually style it using the Instyler, or a large barrel tongs. 
I will always carry my Tangle Teezer in my bag, and comb through my hair throughout the day. I usually tie my hair up on the second day, and can happily say you cannot see any of the bonds when it is tied back, as the girls are sure to leave enough of your own hair around the edges to cover them. 

The salon is based on Dame St, Dublin 2.  You can check them out on Facebook HERE to see lots of before and after pictures. They can also give you a quote for what you are looking for. They stock a high range of colours to suit everyone so if hair extensions are something you are considering, then be sure to check Hotloxs Hair out.

Lots of Love,

Rosie 
X

Share on :
My Hair Extensions : Hotloxs Review
My Hair Extensions : Hotloxs Review
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5